Saint Xavier University McCarthy Hall

Undergraduate Student Work Study

Undergraduate Student Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study (FWS) is money you earn by working on campus part-time, while enrolled in school, that will help pay your educational expenses.

Wages are paid jointly by federal funds and the University. FWS earnings are not deducted from your tuition bill, unless you elect to do so. The amount you are paid from FWS is dependent upon how much you work. 

To determine if you qualify to participate in Federal Work Study, review your Financial Aid award letter in mySXU, under the Financial Aid heading in Self-Service.

Finding a Federal Work Study Job

Eligibility for, or acceptance of, this financial aid award does not guarantee employment. Browse work study job postings and apply for work online at Handshake

What if I don't qualify for Federal Work Study?

For students who are not awarded Federal Work Study, on-campus employment may still be available. Contact Career Services at (773) 298-3131 for details.