Mercy Scholarship Program
- Application Deadline:
- September 1, 2017
- Amount Range:
- Erin Mueller
The Mercy Scholarship Program is for full-time undergraduate students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year, who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. As part of the scholarship award, Mercy Scholarship recipients will be asked to commit themselves to participation in and learning about one of the five Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy:
- Racism; and
This activity will be student-directed, however at the end of each semester scholarship recipients will be required to provide a short reflection on their participation and learning about one of the five Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy. Through this reflection, recipients will be asked to describe how their experience and/or learning will impact their future life and their decisions around continued schooling and/or career choices, etc. This scholarship opportunity is made possible through a generous grant from the Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community.
- Undergraduate, degree-seeking students, who demonstrate significant financial need;
- Enrolled full time;
- Entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year in the 2017-2018 academic year;
- In good disciplinary standing with the University; and
- In good academic standing, with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
*Scholarship preference will be given to qualifying female undergraduate applicants who are entering their senior year, and expect to graduate in May 2018.
Recipients will be selected from the pool of applicants by a review panel. All applicants will be notified of a decision by October 1.
- If selected, information presented in this application may be shared with the scholarship donor and used to develop publicity materials for the program.
- Saint Xavier University reserves the right to make changes in eligibility criteria or terms of awards for scholarships, assistantships, or any other financial aid programs.
The application process is now closed.